8.14.2016

On my way

I am scared. It sounds kind of weird. Maybe not what anyone was expecting. Not even myself. I have traveled quite a bit throughout my years and have learned a lot about other cultures and languages. I have lived with an Italian and French family. However, the idea of living an entire year abroad (starting co-op in Germany) is scary. Plain and simple. I am originally from a little island called San Juan, Puerto Rico. I have spent most of my summer just working in Indiana. I got to my home country a couple days ago and I am still internalizing the fact that I will continue to leave my little island behind. This weekend I had my farewell and all of my friends are still in awe of the opportunity I have had the chance to have. Working in Germany. It is kind of crazy. I know deep down that this was just a decision I wanted to make. And although I am still not in Germany and cannot share anything just yet, please stay in tune to know what I will do. I think one of the most important parts of traveling is sharing those experiences with people that are thinking of doing the same. I was still unsure of going abroad for a long time but this type of post where I can feel the fear and understand that it is normal and part of the experience makes me realize it is all a process. A process I am still going through. One can never be ready for such an experience and I cannot wait to share with all of you what happens. 

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading about your adventures! It's going to be a fantastic experience and it will probably go by in the blink-of-an-eye! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna. I am cooping in Berlin now along with a few others. Feel free to reach out for guidance. (email or whatsapp). The process of getting settled can be overwhelming but Huskies are one pack.

      Delete
    2. Hi Bea! Thank you so much :) What's your e-mail or whatsapp? Would love to meet you all!

      Delete
    3. You can mail bea_z@live.com and I'll give you my German phone number

      Delete